"What Am I?" riddles provide a unique mode of asking i to think outside the box. The answers usually are not easily discerned and require some challenging thinking. In this article, nosotros have "What Am I?" riddles for kids and adults. Nosotros also have a list of difficult "What Am I?" riddles to actually test your riddle solving ability. The article ends with a collection of fun "Who Am I?" riddles for a modify of pace. Later on you see how many y'all can reply, test your family unit, friends, and co-workers for fun and laughter.

Table of Contents

  • 1 "What Am I?" Riddles for Kids
  • 2 "What Am I?" Riddles for Adults
  • 3 Hard "What Am I?" Riddles
  • four "Who Am I?" Riddles
    • 4.ane Related Posts

"What Am I?" Riddles for Kids

"What Am I?" riddles for kids need to be like shooting fish in a barrel enough a child tin probably brand a reasonable approximate, but nevertheless provide a challenge. Besides, kids like to express mirth, so our option of "What Am I" riddles is designed to elicit laughter equally well.

  • I have lakes but no water, mountains but no stone and cities merely no buildings. What am I?

    A map

  • I am always hungry and will die if not fed, simply whatever I touch volition soon turn red. What am I?

    Burn

  • I am like shooting fish in a barrel to lift but difficult to throw. What am I?

    A feather

  • I become answered fifty-fifty though I never ask a question. What am I?

    A door knock or doorbell

  • I'm low-cal as a feather, yet the strongest homo can't hold me for five minutes. What am I?

    Your breath

  • I practise not have wings, but I tin fly. I don't take eyes, but I will cry! What am I?

    A cloud

  • I am bought past the grand but worn by the foot. What am I?

    A carpet

  • I accept no life, just I can die. What am I?

    A bombardment

  • I go around all the places, cities, towns, and villages, but never come inside. What am I?

    A street

  • I will always come and never arrive today. What am I?

    Tomorrow

  • When the water comes down, when it rains, I go up. What am I?

    An umbrella

  • I turn once, what is out volition not go far. I plow again, what is in volition non get out. What am I?

    A key

  • I speak without a mouth and hear without ears. I have no body simply come alive with wind. What am I?

    An echo

  • I am wet when drying. What am I?

    A towel

  • I can fill a room, merely I take up no space. What am I?

    Light

  • I run, yet I have no legs. What am I?

    Your nose

  • No matter what, I come to you lot circular, floating up, floating down. A single pop, I'thousand on the ground. Then comes your unpleasant frown. What am I?

    A bubble

  • I am the only place in the world where today comes before yesterday. What am I?

    The lexicon

  • I take a long cervix, am the name of a bird. I am on cargo of ships. I eat just am not live. What am I?

    A crane

"What Am I?" Riddles for Adults

When one hears the phrase "adult humor," 1 might think of sex, drugs, and rock and coil. Nevertheless, our "What Am I?" Riddles for Adults is a collection of humor not designed to make you lot blush, only to challenge your riddle solving abilities. Run into how well you tin answer these and then share them with your friends at a party or other get-together.

  • I am always on the dinner table, but yous don't get to swallow me. What am I?

    A plate

  • I am often following yous and copying your every move, nonetheless you can never touch me or catch me. What am I?

    Your shadow

  • With pointed fangs I sit and look; with piercing force I crisis out fate; grabbing victims, proclaiming might; physically joining with a single bite. What am I?

    A stapler

  • People take stepped on me, simply not many. I never stay total for long. I have a dark side. What am I?

    The moon

  • I am always running, just never get tired or hot. What am I?

    The refrigerator

  • I have a head much smaller than my long neck. People who play with me pick at me and that'due south fine. What am I?

    A guitar

  • If y'all take away 1 mitt, some will remain. What am I?

    Handsome

  • Yous tin can play me with cards, merely don't burn me, remainder glasses on me or walk across me. What am I?

    A span

  • Halo of water, tongue of wood, walls of rock, long have I stood. What am I?

    A castle

  • People brand me, salve me, alter me, raise me. What am I?

    Money

  • The shorter I am, the bigger I am. What am I?

    A temper

  • I brand a loud sound when I'k changing. When I do change, I go bigger, but I weigh less. What am I?

    Popcorn

  • It tin be said: to be aureate is to exist good; to be stone is to exist zilch; to be glass is to be delicate; to be cold is to exist cruel. What am I?

    Your middle

  • I have keys, but no locks. I have space, but no room. Yous can enter, but tin't go inside. What am I?

    A keyboard

  • I am the only vegetable that is never sold frozen, canned, processed, cooked, or in any other form but fresh. What am I?

    Lettuce

  • My first is in chocolate, but not in ham. My 2d is in cake and also in jam. My third at tea-time is easily found. My whole is a friend who's often around. What am I?

    A true cat

  • I add lots of season and have many layers, but if yous get too close, I'll make you lot cry. What am I?

    An onion

  • I don't have eyes, ears, nose, and tongue, but I tin can see, aroma, hear, and gustation everything. What am I?

    A brain

Hard "What Am I?" Riddles

Hard

Difficult riddles provide a challenge considering they either have longer clues which have a few moments to read and think nigh, or they take an unexpected reply. Our listing should actually crusade even the all-time riddle solver a few that seem unsolvable.

  • I am a word of v messages and people swallow me. If you remove the start alphabetic character, I become a form of free energy. Remove the start two and I'm needed to live. Scramble the last three and you tin can drink me. What am I?

    Wheat, heat, eat, tea

  • My name seems harsh, but I am still and silent. You are supposed to eat me, only some display me. My name is not easy to do to me considering I am difficult on the outside. What am I?

    A squash

  • It'south good to stretch me and push my limits. The more you use me, the stronger I get. When I am abrupt, I'm at my best. What am I?

    Your encephalon

  • I run, but I don't walk. I drip and drop, only I can't choice myself up. Y'all have to swallow me and sometimes I surround yous. What am I?

    H2o

  • I sound like I could cut y'all, but I'm actually quite comfortable. I tin be green or yellowish. I can be stiff or soft. I am a friend to bugs and also bare feet. What am I?

    A blade of grass

  • I have a stalk, but I am not a bloom. I take a foot, but I cannot hop. Children are too immature to agree me. What am I?

    A wine glass

  • I can be open or airtight, or big or minor. I tin reveal the truth or hide it. I am well-nigh always welcome and can spring up unannounced. Anybody has one, but not everyone shares. Laughter comes after me. What am I?

    A grinning

  • I am circular as a sphere, but then you make me something else. I am i hundred yards long, or fifty-fifty longer. What am I?

    A ball of yarn

  • You lot can touch on me, only I can't touch you lot back. You tin can meet me, but I just reverberate you and can never pass up yous. What am I?

    A mirror

  • I can travel at nearly 100 miles per 60 minutes, but never leave the room. You can comprehend me up, but that doesn't slow me downwards. You lot will non know if I come only one time or once more and again and over again. What am I?

    A sneeze

  • Many times, you demand me. The more and more y'all take me further, the more than and more than you exit me behind. What am I?

    Footsteps

  • The ane who makes me does non demand me, when he makes me. The ane who buys me does not utilize me for himself or herself. The one who uses me doesn't know that he or she is using me. What am I?

    A coffin

  • I don't have money, though I do take banks. I feed others, though I don't eat. Cross me if you can, I won't be mad. What am I?

    The oral cavity of a river

  • Accept away my start letter of the alphabet, and I yet sound the aforementioned. Take away my last letter, I even so sound the aforementioned. Fifty-fifty take abroad my letter in the centre, I will notwithstanding sound the same. I am a five-letter word. What am I?

    Empty

  • I have no bones and no legs, simply if you keep me warm, I volition soon walk away. What am I?

    An egg

"Who Am I?" Riddles

At present try a change of stride with another type of questioning riddle. Our "Who Am I?" riddles, as the name implies, usually, but non ever, involve guessing a person.

  • Half of me will mend, the other half volition imprison. When I am together, I will poison. Who am I?

    Hemlock

  • Our dinner guests cry that we are evil, when they find their place in the meal. But it'southward no big deal. We are just 1 big happy tribe that gets existent fed up with people! Who are we?

    Cannibals

  • A man who lives in New York legally married iii women. He did not get a divorce, an annulment, or legally separate. Who is he?

    He is a minister.

  • My outset four messages describe all living things. My terminal five letters are another give-and-take for knight. My job is to save you, and I'm a fan of h2o. Who am I?

    A lifeguard

  • I arts and crafts crowns of gold and bridges of silvery. Who am I?

    A dentist

  • I comport a lot of secrets, happy or sad. I bulldoze or walk to my destination pelting or shine to make sure I give you what is truly yours. Everything that I bring with me is destined for only for one identify which is decided in advance. Who am I?

    A mailman

  • I can help a minor, I can help a senior. I can take care of yous, and no affair what your mood is, I ever requite y'all a happy confront. I probably won't give you whatever communication, but I am ever grateful when y'all give me tips. Who am I?

    A waiter/waitress

  • I wash, cut, and shave a dozen times a day yet I still have lots of hair. Who am I?

    A barber

  • Sometimes y'all are relieved to meet me, and other times you run from me in fear. Sometimes I stop you and sometimes I allow you go, but whenever you need me, I am always a quick call away. Who am I?

    A police officer

  • I am pocket-size, take wings, and carry a weapon. I target people and once I do, they're commonly glad I did. February is the month in which I appear the most. Who am I?

    Cupid

  • I have wings and a wand. When you lose something and leave it nether your pillow, I leave yous a prize. Who am I?

    The Tooth Fairy

  • I grew up outside guild. I am wild, my vox echoes throughout the jungle, and nature is my playground. Who am I?

    Tarzan

  • My starting time is a very uncomfortable land,
    In cold atmospheric condition information technology mostly abounds.
    My 2d's an instrument formed of hard steel,
    That will cause the stout foe to stagger and reel,
    And when used, is a symptom of detest.
    My whole is an author of greatest renown,
    Whose fame to the last twenty-four hour period of time will go downwardly.
    Who am I?

    Shakespeare

We promise you lot have enjoyed our called "What Am I?" and "Who Am I?" riddles. We think we have found some of the best ones out there. Plus, one unique feature of this type of riddle is that they are easy to remember, and so you can share them with family and friends. Take fun and riddle on!